BLACK RICE TREAT
We have a perfect idea for you for any, loving, gentle occasion.
Do you like to surprise your loved ones and tickle their taste buds with a richly sweet, delightful treat?
Try our all-time everyone's favourite, the Black Rice Sweet Treat!
You will need for 4-6 servings:
½ cup of black Thai rice *
½ cup of brown jasmine rice *
½ cup of sweet brown rice *
½ cup of pumpkin * or sunflower seeds, no need to roast them
½ or more cup of dried sulphur-free apricots *, chopped
1/8 teaspoon of white sea salt *
4 cups of spring water
* Tampopo Foods product
Step by step:
1. Place all ingredients in the pressure cooker and wash well.
2. Add water and salt and bring under pressure.
3. Pressure cook for 40 minutes, using low flame and flame deflector.
4. After cooking, wait till the pressure goes down, open the lid and mix gently.
5. Serve as main or side dish, e.g. with pancakes, light shiro miso soup, some refreshing salad and nice warming cup of genmaicha tea.
If you do not have a pressure cooker yet, you may consider buying one. We recommend WMF, Fissler or Lagostina brand. It is sooo handy! Not only does it dramatically save cooking time and energy, but it also helps to get the whole grains, beans, or dried sea vegetables cooked better and make them easier to digest. You will simply get more from your food with less effort and no belly discomfort.
But, in the meantime, until you have one, the cooking time in the regular pan with a heavy lid would be 1-1,5 hour.
And also, use additional 1-2 cups of water.
Have you no more dried apricots in your kitchen?
How about trying dried plums, pears or mulberries * instead.
Shop here your ingredients.